1 big or 2 small packets of savoiardi (ladyfingers)
250 gr (1 1/3 cup) mascarpone cheese
300 ml (1 1/2 cups) heavy cream
1/3 cup icing sugar
1 big jar of pitted preserved cherries (380 gr drained fruit (about 3 cups) + 300 ml juice (1 1/2 cup))
1/3 cup cherry preserve/jam
1 1/2 cup coffee
1. Drain the cherries and save the juice.
2. Mix the coffee with 1 1/2 cup of the cherry juice and leave aside.
3. Cut the cherries and mix them with the jam.
4. In a big mixing bowl add the sugar and the mascarpone and beat until creamy.
5. Add the heavy cream and whip until stiff peaks.
6. To the bottom of your cake pan add a little bit of the cream mixture.
7. Dip every biscuit in the coffee mixture for a second and lay it the the pan.
8. Cover the savoiardi layer with half of the cherry mixture and half of the cream. Sprinkle with cocoa powder and repeat until you fill the pan. Mine took 2 layers.
9. Finish with cocoa powder and a couple of preserved cherries.