4 zucchini (about 1 kg)
2 potatoes (about 500 gr)
2 cloves of garlic
300 ml milk
vegetable oil or butter
a big pinch of dried dill
1 tsp dried onion (or 1 small onion)
1. Peel and cut to big chunks the zucchini, the potatoes and the carrot (and the onion). (Peeling the zucchini is optional. I tried it both ways, there isn’t much difference.)
2. Combine the vegetables and the garlic with enough water to cover them and over high heat bring to a boil. Simmer until tender (about 20 minutes). If you’re using dried onion add it when the vegetables are almost done.
3. Drain most of the water and let them cool a little, then using an immersion blender puree the vegetables.
4. Add the milk, salt, black pepper, dried dill and about 50 gr of butter (or about 4 tbsp of vegetable or sunflower oil).
5. Over a medium heat bring to a simmer and remove from the stove top. Serve warm (or chilled if you used oil instead of butter) with grated parmesan cheese and/or garlic croutons 😀