Ingredients (for 19 cm diameter springform pan):
12 Oreo cookies with the filling
35 gr melted butter
375 gr cream cheese (to room temperature)
380 ml heavy cream
1/2 cup sugar (about 100 gr)
1/2 tsp mint extract (for strong mint flavor, for mild you can use about 1/4 tsp)
1 tsp vanilla extract
100 gr dark chocolate chips (or just dice a chocolate bar like I did)
green food coloring
1. Put the cookies in a food processor and pulse until fine crumbs (or crush them in a ziplock bag with a rolling pin). Add the melted butter and combine.
2. Press the mixture evenly in the bottom of the pan and put it in the fridge to set.
3. In a big mixing bowl (or the bowl of a standing mixer) add the cheese and whisk until it’s creamy.
4. Add the sugar and whisk until dissolved.
5. Pour the cold heavy cream, the mint and the vanilla extract and whisk again, the mixture will thicken quickly.
6. Add the green food coloring (I’m using food gel) and mix until evenly distributed.
7. Add the chocolate chips and fold it in.
8. Transfer the mixture in the pan and spread it as evenly as you can. Cover with plastic wrap and leave it in the fridge for at least 5-6 hours or overnight.
9. Sprinkle with chocolate flakes or more crushed Oreo cookies (or use mini Oreos for decoration).