700 gr flour
40 gr fresh yeast
1 tsp dried oregano
1 tsp dried basil
1 tbsp sugar
1 tbsp salt
100 gr olives, diced (I used green and black)
400 ml warm water
2 big onions
3 tbsp vegetable oil
1. In a bowl add the sugar, the yeast and the water. It’s important that the water is warm to the touch, but not burning hot. Leave it to the side for 10-15 minutes and you should have a foamy surface.
2. In the mean time saute the sliced onion in the oil.
3. Add the herbs and leave it to cool for a couple of minutes.
4. In a big mixing bowl add the flour, the salt, the olives and the onion. Pour the yeast and combine until you have soft, slightly sticky dough.
5. Pour a little bit of oil in your hand and just smear it on the dough to prevent crusting. Cover with plastic wrap and lenen free kitchen towel and allow it to rise in a warm spot for about 40 minutes (or until doubles its size).
6. Preheat your oven to 200 degrees C.
7. Depending on what you want you can divide the dough to small buns or bake one big bread. I divided it to 9, because I was looking for medium sized individual portions and baked every batch for 40 minutes.
The Most Delicious Sandwich Ever 😉
onion bread, pesto, mozzarella, prosciutto (or jamon serrano), arugula, tomatoes
Preparation: Half the bread, spread the pesto on a thin layer, cover with a slice of prosciutto, add some arugula and 1-2 slices of tomatoes. That’s all 😀