50 gr walnuts (pine nuts will work too)
100 – 150 gr fresh basil
100 – 150 ml extra virgin olive oil
50 gr grana padano (or parmigiano)
pinch of salt
1. Wash the basil and leave it to dry for a couple of hours or dry it with a paper towel.
2. Add the walnuts to a pan over medium heat and “bake” them for 6-7 minutes, until fragrant and leave them to cool.
3. Put the nuts in a food processor and pulse until finely chopped.
4. Add the basil and pulse until it’s finely chopped too.
5. Pour the olive oil and pulse until the mixture becomes paste.
6. Transfer to a mixing bowl, add the salt and the cheese and stir until combined. You can add mire olive oil if needed, depending on the consistency you’re looking for.
7. Preserve in an airtight container in the fridge. Serve on bread or with pasta