100 gr chocolate (i used dark and milk chocolate)
40 gr butter
0. Preheat the oven to 180 C
1. Place the butter in the bowl of an electric mixer (i used hand held) and get it going until it’s creamy.
2. Add the eggs one by one.
3. Add the sugar and beat until the mixture is pale and fluffy.
4. Add the sifted dry ingredients and fold them in.
5. Butter an 19 cm spring form and cover it with baking paper. I left the sides longer in case the cake rises too much.
6. Pour the mixture and tap it on the counter a few times to rise the air bubbles and smooth the top.
7. Bake until a skewer inserted in the middle comes out clean. Mine took about an hour, but the baking time depends on the oven. Start checking it after 40 minutes.
8. While the cake is baking cut the strawberries into small cubes, sprinkle with 2 tbsp of sugar and leave them in the fridge for a couple of hours.
9. Leave it on a cooling rack to cool completely and slice it in 3 layers using a serrated knife.
10. Beat the cold heavy cream to stiff peaks.
11. Syrup the bottom layer with a tbsp of the syrup that the strawberries created. Put a layer of cream and sprinkle with strawberries. Repeat on with the second layer and put the last one on top. Put the cake in the fridge.
12. Melt the chocolate and add the butter. Stir until you have a smooth mixture. Leave it to cool a little and smear it on the top of the cake.
13. You can leave it like that or decorate with sprinkles or anything you want. I used gum paste flowers that i made a day earlier.